The Robinson Diamond Resource Group has an opportunity for a contract to hire Rework Technician. Must have mechanical aptitude and a bit of experience with it.
The Repair Technician is responsible for undertaking all actions necessary to render returned product serviceable, including cleaning, testing, performance evaluation of electronic and mechanical components and subassemblies. The Technician follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and troubleshooting of returned product.
- Recognizes failures, identifies root cause, and repairs products.
- Records required information on all repairs.
- Operates required equipment and test fixtures.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Ensures adherence to workmanship and quality control standards.
- Completes repairs in a cost effective, efficient manner and expediting return product to stock.
- Identifies any needs related to supplies, tools, and other items needed for efficient workflow in the repair area.
- Assists in the material handling and inventory control as needed.
- Maintains and cleans the work environment.
- Offer assistance as needed for any variety of tasks as requested by management
- Follow and execute procedures and policies established by management
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- High school diploma or GED required; technical college a plus
- Minimum 5 years work experience in electronic and mechanical components and subassemblies repair.
- Functional knowledge and experience with use of basic repair tools.
- Working knowledge of electronic and mechanical components.
- Working knowledge of industry standard practices for repair and quality control.
- Proficiency in ERP Systems and Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as Internet software and E-mail is preferred