We are seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our clients team.
This is a contract to hire position for the right person.
This is a remote / hybrid - Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW Area).
Looking for a Lead System Engineer to join our Linux Engineering Team. The projects include scalable distributed systems that are reliable, secure and distributed globally. This is an opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of re-designing and improving our critical business platforms. You will help create and manage the environments that will set the stage for next-generation platforms that are scalable, reliable, and fast.
You must be somebody who enjoys solving problems and is customer- centric. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment with shared and individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will be strong in distributed systems and be current on RedHat Linux, Oracle Linux and Ubuntu implementations, performance tuning and troubleshooting. You should have a thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and TCP and experience in troubleshooting complex system. In addition to those standard responsibilities, you will lead key projects and play a key role in support of the responsibilities listed below. We are currently experimenting with containerization, micro segmentation and rapid build and recovery environments.
You will be integral in helping design, develop and deploy servers and applications with these technologies
• BS Computer Science or other technical degree and related experience. In lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience in the area of systems engineering may be substituted on a year-for-year basis.
• Ability to create and or modify scripts to automate tasks, access and or analyze data • Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must be able to develop and manage plans for multiple high-profile projects as well as meet production support responsibilities.
• Can resolve highly technical systems issues associated with systems performance and security.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills • Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 systems and Internet-oriented production environment, across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) hundreds of systems.
• Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
• Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
• Oversee the implementation of new systems as needed and leads in implementation of systems monitoring tools for proactive repair on both the application and hardware levels
• Min 5+ experience in Linux system administration – RedHat, Oracle Linux or Ubuntu Linux is a plus
• Knowledge in all these below are desired but not necessary. Ability to learn or pickup skills quickly is essential to success in this job.
• Hand on Experience deploying and managing Ansible, Satellite Server, Red Hat Insight, & Red Hat Subscription services
• Supporting large scale web and ecommerce sites via Apache &Tomcat and ability to troubleshoot
• Strong hands-on experience in managing many mission-critical servers o Epicor Eclipse ERP on Red hat a plus
• Hands on experience deploying and supporting Oracle OVM and migrating to KVM
• Ability to recognize critical production and client-facing issues and identify root cause and resolve them.
• Ability to communicate at all levels within IT and the various Business Units
• Ability to work independently and within a team, own issues and solve them
• Demonstrated abilities in automated patch and configuration management
• Experience with monitoring applications --preferably Nagios
• Advanced shell scripting experience with one of the following Perl, puppet, BASH, KSH
• Experience on VMWare Version 7
• Working knowledge of SAN environments, DNS, Sendmail, Linux/UNIX services, storage deployment methodologies, kernel Tuning
Strong working knowledge of Enterprise storage systems such as Hitachi & Pure, high availability concepts,
• Comfortable building and maintaining a lab using various Open-Source technologies. Must have demonstrated experience in building solutions using various Open-Source technologies.
• Must be able to debug complex technical problems where you will use your skills on Operating Systems to tune systems and assist applications teams debug and tune their applications.
• Out of the Box thinker and determination to always improve and expand knowledge.