Fantastic Opportunity for a talented Desktop Support Pro. client is looking to hire immediately.
This is a contract to hire opportunity located in Jeffersonville that can lead to a great career with an industry leader.
The Desktop Support Technician is a customer facing role responsible for providing technical support to the end-user community and associated enterprise applications, network connectivity, desktop infrastructure (both physical and virtual), operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals.
- Responsibilities include handling multiple communication channels for support request from end users including incoming calls, tickets within the IT Service Management system, instant message and email to record and resolve reported incidents, service requests, and access requests within agreed service levels.
The technician will investigate and respond to all support requests by following documented process and procedure with the goal of restoring or fulfilling IT services for end users in the most efficient manner available.
May include weekly rotating times for after-hours on-call.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Provide excellent customer service using active listening and communication skills.
● Provide first and second level technical support, which includes centralized incident and request handling for customers with a focus on first call resolution; use best practices for incident management including detailed ticket documentation, and application of analytical skills to identify root cause and quickly determine the resolution.
● Diagnose, triage, and escalate incidents and requests to appropriate tier 3 and tier 4 assignee and/or team. Respond to incidents, requests for service, and questions within required response times.
● Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues on multiple operating systems.
● Provide on-site and remote technical support using tools for standard configurations of workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, printers, and peripherals.
● Assist in system upgrades and maintenance, including, but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, video cards and power supplies.